Tuesday, January 27, 2009

rib tickler

I just added this picture to my online portfolio. The most challenging part of this was keeping track of the ribs. I lost count a few times and had to erase quite a bit. I drew this from a photo with great lighting. The translucent scapula is real; not my invention. That's what drew me to this picture. I will probably do another chiaroscuro version of this with better tools. For this I used those big, rectangular General's pencils because they had a very useful white charcoal pencil, but I found an even better brand. Faber-Castell's Pitt Pastel pencils are my new friend. What do y'all think? Is it three-dimensional?

Soon I'll get even more into the anatomical transparency thing with an update to my half-anatomical self-portrait, and other such work. In fact, I've already ruined one such painting, so we'll see what I can produce.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is so amazing! I'm going to put a link to your blog from my blog. Check it out: marlyhernandez.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete